|Mr Endurance, Jason Khalipa, on his way to winning his 3rd endurance event at the 2013 Games.|
Foothill Community College Track
Wednesday, May-13, 5:30 to 7:00pm
Intermediate & Long Distance Workout
- 1900m w/ final 150m finishing kick w/ 2min rest
- 1500m w/ final 150m finishing kick w/ 90sec rest
- 1100m w/ final 150m finishing kick w/ 60sec rest
- 700m w/ final 150m finishing kick w/ 30sec rest
- 300m w/ final 150m finishing. Done!!
Workout Details: Each interval will be at the same "conversational" pace. The final 150m of each interval will be a hard surge to the finish to force the recruitment of fast twitch fibers.
5min rest b/t Part 1 and Part 2 (warming up squat and broad jumps)
- 5 rounds
- 8x OH jumping 3/4 squats (45/25)
- 8x max distance broad jumps
- 80 yard max effort sprint
- 3 min rest b/t rounds (includes walk back to start).